Restoring Accountability in Medical Practice by Non-Participation in Government Programs and Understanding the Devastating Force of Governmentby admin on 01/04/2018 6:57 AM
- Association of American Physicians and Surgeons The voice for private physicians since 1943. Join our 75-year tradition of protecting the patient-physician relationship. AAPS is the oldest organization that continues to defend freedom and ethics in medicine. Plan now to join us at our 75th Annual Meeting, October 3-6, 2018 in Indianapolis. On the legal front, we have participated in several precedent-setting cases. Imagine government agents knocking on your door to demand that you turn over your patients’ medical records—without the consent of patients or a warrant. The Fourth Amendment should prevent this. But at the rate that the government is going, physicians and our patients may end up with fewer rights than detainees at Guantanamo Bay! Another challenge to confidentiality is on the State level. A total of 16 States are quietly building databases of medical record information. As insurance companies consolidate, and as increasing numbers of States become Big Brother through these databases, the foundation is being laid for a “single payer” and government control over all of medical care.
Earlier this month we filed an amicus brief against a State’s gathering of medical record information about patients, in a case that reached the U.S. Supreme Court: Gobeille v. Liberty Mutual Ins. Co., No 14-181. We are the only medical society so far to file a brief in that case.
On the legislative front, AAPS and our members have already won victories this year against the enemies of private medicine in several legislatures, including Texas and North Carolina. In addition, the medical boards in Missouri and Ohio came out on our side by opposing the Interstate Medical Licensure Compact, which would adopt Maintenance of Certification (MOC) by law.
MOC is a crass money-making scheme that would be a joke if it were not such a burden on practicing physicians. One recent study estimated that MOC imposes $5.7 billion in costs on the medical system, and that does not include the costs of “failing” scores and the lack of due process for physicians to challenge the results. We have sued to stop MOC.
At AAPS, we have been fighting for private medicine for more than 70 years. The other side doesn’t quit, so neither do we, and we have truth on our side.
As the patient-physician relationship is being eroded, patients are suffering, and many patients are also turning to AAPS for leadership. Now more than ever, it is crucial for patients to have an independent physician advocate. AAPS leads the way in the fight to preserve the ability of physicians to remain independent.
AAPS continues to provide our Limited Legal Consultation Service for our members who need legal help. Recently a member, faced with sham peer review, obtained expert assistance from us that he needed in a hurry, which facilitated his favorable result.
Just one phone call to us can be worth far more than the cost of a membership! Please rejoin and support us now.
Jane Orient, MD
AAPS Executive Director
- Medicine and Liberty – Network of Liberty Oriented Doctors, MedLib.ch/, Alphonse Crespo, MD, Executive Director and Founder
Medicine & Liberty (MedLib) is an independent physician network founded in 2007, dedicated to the study and advocacy of liberty, ethics & market in medical services.
– We support professional autonomy for doctors and liberty of choice for patients
– We uphold the Hippocratic covenant that forbids action harmful to the patient
– We defend responsible medical practice and access to therapeutic innovation free from
– We work towards a deeper understanding of the role and importance of liberty & market in
MedLib is part of a wide movement of ideas that defends
– the self-ownership principle & the property rights of individuals on the products of their
physical and intellectual work
– free markets, free enterprise and strict limits to the role of the State
- Authentic Medicine – Douglas Farrago MD, Editor, Creator & Founder
SPEAKING HONESTLY AND OPENLY ABOUT OUR BROKEN HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
The mission of Authentic Medicine is to rediscover how much the art of medicine means and allow us to reconnect to our roots once again. It is about fighting back against those things that are taking us away from the direct care of patients while still pointing out the lunacy and hypocrisy of this job. Be part of the movement that will take back the healthcare system from the idiots who are ruining it.
Why we are moving to an era of Industrialized Medicine
The Quality Movement and why it is a scam
The ever-expanding Medical Axis of Evil
Medical Dogma and the Alphabet Soup (JC, HIPAA, etc)
Bureaucratic Drag and the distractions from treating patients
Burnout and depression amongst healthcare professionals
Humor in caring for the patient and the caretaker
- Eakman, Beverly: Author, Columnist and Lecturer: Basic Position Statement http://www.beverlyeakman.com/index.php/blog/45-position-statement-and-frequently-asked-questions
We welcome “education’s whistle-blower” Beverly Eakman, veteran educator, International Human Rights award winner, and author of books such as Cloning of the American Mind and Walking Targets, who discusses the ideological manipulation of the US education system by collectivists and globalists. After describing how students are regularly subject to profiling through “assessments” and coerced into changing their worldviews through subversive, dialectical classroom techniques based on peer pressure, Beverly Eakman shares with us how we can all PUSH BACK! through logic, awareness and strength of character to resist the seemingly-inexorable slide towards a New World Order.
Healthcare needs to develop these same strategies to PUSH BACK!
Beverly Eakman : Educating for a New World Order …and how to PUSH BACK!
What is education? What is it for? And−a question that increasing numbers of people are asking in these days of rising student debt and increasing unemployment−who is it for? Is it primarily for the student, whether in school or college, or has it become in large measure a socially-acceptable form of structural unemployment to help keep the wheels of the State turning? https://themindrenewed.com/interviews/2014/449-int-045
- Reason Foundation: http://reason.com/about: Reason and Reason Online are editorially independent publications of the Reason Foundation, a national, non-profit research and educational organization.
Reason is the monthly print magazine of “free minds and free markets.” It covers politics, culture, and ideas through a provocative mix of news, analysis, commentary, and reviews. Reason provides a refreshing alternative to right-wing and left-wing opinion magazines by making a principled case for liberty and individual choice in all areas of human activity.
Reason Online is updated daily with articles and columns on current development in politics and culture. . . It also contains the full text of past issues of the print edition of Reason. Reason Online is entirely free.
- Entrepreneur-Country. Julie Meyer, CEO of Ariadne Capital, has launched Entrepreneur Country. Read their manifesto for information: 3. The bigger the State grows, the weaker the people become – big government creates dependency . . . No real, sustainable wealth creation through entrepreneurship ever owed its success to government . . . 11. The triple play of the internet, entrepreneurship, and individual capitalism is an unstoppable force around the world, and that Individual Capitalism is the force that will shape the 21st Century . . . Read the entire manifesto . . .
- Americans for Tax Reform, atr.org/, Grover Norquist, President, keeps us apprised of the Cost of Government Day® Report, Calendar Year 2014. Cost of Government Day (COGD) is the date of the calendar year on which the average American worker has earned enough gross income to pay off his or her share of spending and regulatory burdens imposed by government on the federal, state and local levels. Cost of Government Day for 2014 was July 6th a ten-day increase above last year’s revised date of July 16th. With July 6th as the COGD, working people must toil on average 186 days out of the year just to meet all the costs imposed by government. In other words, the cost of government consumes 53 percent of national income. If we were to put health care into the public trough, the additional 17 percent of GDP that healthcare costs, would allow the government to control 70 percent or nearly three-fourths of our productivity and destroy our health care in the process. We would have almost no discretionary income.
- National Taxpayer’s Union, https://www.ntu.org/ Pete Sepp, President, keeps us apprised of all the taxation challenges our elected officials are trying to foist on us throughout the United States. To find the organization in your state that’s trying to keep sanity in our taxation system, click on your state at https://www.ntu.org/governmentbytes/type/vote-alert, On August 13, you can start working for yourself. It takes nearly 8 months of hard work for every American to pay for the cost of government. Read more . . .
- Citizens Against Government Waste, CAGW.org, America’s Taxpayer’s Watch Dog.
Since 1984, Citizens Against Government Waste has been the resource that policymakers, media, and the taxpaying public rely on for the bottom line behind today’s headlines. Waste News is the first stop for reporters covering government spending. Members of the Media visit our media page to sign up for email updates or to set up interviews with CAGW policy experts.
Porker of the Month will introduce you to some of government’s worst pork-barrel offenders.
“To advocate an efficient, sound, honest government is neither left-wing nor right-wing, it is just plain right.” –J . Peter Grace, CAGW Co-Founder
- Evolving Excellence—Lean Enterprise Leadership. Kevin Meyer, CEO of Superfactory, has a newsletter which impacts health care in many aspects. Join his evolving excellence blog . . . Excellence is every physician’s middle name and thus a natural affinity for all of us. This month read The Customer is the Boss at FAVI “I came in the day after I became CEO, and gathered the people. I told them tomorrow when you come to work, you do not work for me or for a boss. You work for your customer. I don’t pay you. They do. . . . You do what is needed for the customer.” And with that single stroke, he eliminated the central control: personnel, product development, purchasing…all gone. Looks like something we should import into our hospitals. I believe every RN, given the opportunity, could manage her ward of patients or customers in similar lean and efficient fashion.
- FIRM: Freedom and Individual Rights in Medicine, westandfirm.org, Lin Zinser, JD, Founder, researches and studies the work of scholars and policy experts in the areas of health care, law, philosophy, and economics to inform and to foster public debate on the causes and potential solutions of rising costs of health care and health insurance .
- Ayn Rand, a Philosophy for Living on Earth, aynrand.org/site/PageServer, is a veritable storehouse of common sense economics to help us live on earth. To review the current series of Op-Ed articles, some of which you and I may disagree on, go to www.aynrand.org/site/PageServer?pagename=media_opeds
Leave a Reply