12. RestoringAffordable Health Plans by Moving from a Vertical to a Horizontal Industry:by admin on 11/05/2019 5:15 AM
Are in a Level Horizontal Playing Field and not enmeshed in the Vertical Hospital/Insurance/AMA/Government/Bureaucratic Complex
This Will Reduce Health Care Costs at Least in Half.
IN THIS SECTION WE FEATURE FREEDOM LOVING ENTERPRISES AND ORGANIZATIONS FOR YOUR INTEREST AND SUPPORT IN OUR EFFORTS TO KEEP GOVERNMENTAL INTRUSIONS MINIMAL AND TO PREVENT OUR RETURN TO THE SOCIALISM OF EUROPE WE ESCAPED THREE CENTURIES AGO WHICH IS NOW RE-THREATENING US IN 2020.
- Citizens Against Government Waste, www.CAGW.org, America’s Taxpayer’s Watch Dog.
Founded in 1984 by the late businessman J. Peter Grace and the late Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist Jack Anderson, CAGW is the legacy of President Ronald Reagan’s Private Sector Survey on Cost Control, also known as the Grace Commission. President Reagan directed the Grace Commission to “work like tireless bloodhounds to root out government inefficiency and waste of tax dollars.” Led by 161 corporate executives and community leaders, the commission did just that, issuing a 47-volume, 21,000-page report with 2,378 recommendations.
This report constituted a vision of an efficient, well-managed government that is accountable to taxpayers. Since its founding, CAGW has worked to make that vision a reality and, in 35 years, has helped save taxpayers more than $1.8 trillion through the implementation of Grace Commission findings and cost cutting recommendations.
President Reagan himself described CAGW’s work as “vital in the battle against budget deficits and vital to the strength and resilience of the democratic system and public confidence in our government.” The work of the CAGW includes:
- The nationally-renown Congressional Pig Book, which identifies specific “pork-barrel” earmarks that lawmakers use to fund their favorite, wasteful pet projects.
- Our annual Prime Cuts report, which gives policymakers a blueprint for cutting Washington’s wasteful spending and getting the nation on a path toward fiscal sanity.
- Porker of the Month will introduce you to some of government’s worst pork-barrel offenders.
President Trump inherited a massive federal budget that grows on autopilot year after year. Data compiled by CAGW shows that:
- The federal government spent a record $4.1 Trillion in 2018
- The federal budget deficit hit $782 billion last year and is on course to reach $1 trillion by 2020
- The national debt is now at nearly $22 trillion and climbing—an unsustainable level.
- As a taxpayer, your share of this debt is almost $179,000
- Current calls to expand federal spending include “Medicare for All” with an estimated cost of $32 trillion over 10 years, and subsidized college tuition with a $75billion annual cost.
With President Trump stating a commitment to reining in overbearing big government we must seize every opportunity to get runaway wasteful spending under control now, before it is too late. CAGW specific recommendations for doing so include:
- A 25% reduction in America’s funding for the United Nations.
- Eliminating subsidies for the unprofitable Amtrak train system.
- Ending Depression-era sugar, dairy, and peanut subsidies
- Permanently banning federal earmarks
- Current review of defense spending priorities to eliminate waste and abuse
- Enhanced auditing of Medicare to eliminate improper payments.
“To advocate an efficient, sound, honest government is neither left-wing nor right-wing, it is just plain right.”
–J. Peter Grace, CAGW Co-Founder
Medicine and Liberty – Network of Liberty Oriented Doctors, www.MedLib.ch/, Alphonse Crespo, MD, Executive Director and Founder
Medicine & Liberty (MedLib) is an independent physician network founded in 2007, dedicated to the study and advocacy of liberty, ethics & market in medical services.
– We support professional autonomy for doctors and liberty of choice for patients
– We uphold the Hippocratic covenant that forbids action harmful to the patient
– We defend responsible medical practice and access to therapeutic innovation free from bureaucratic obstruction
– We work towards a deeper understanding of the role and importance of liberty & market in medical services
MedLib is part of a wide movement of ideas that defends
– the self-ownership principle & the property rights of individuals on the products of their physical and intellectual work
– free markets, free enterprise and strict limits to the role of the State
- Authentic Medicine – Douglas Farrago MD, Editor, Creator & Founder
SPEAKING HONESTLY AND OPENLY ABOUT OUR BROKEN HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
The mission of Authentic Medicine is to rediscover how much the art of medicine means and allow us to reconnect to our roots once again. It is about fighting back against those things that are taking us away from the direct care of patients while still pointing out the lunacy and hypocrisy of this job. Be part of the movement that will take back the healthcare system from the idiots who are ruining it.
Why we are moving to an era of Industrialized Medicine
The Quality Movement and why it is a scam
The ever-expanding Medical Axis of Evil
Medical Dogma and the Alphabet Soup (JC, HIPAA,etc)
Bureaucratic Drag and the distractions from treating patients
Burnout and depression amongst healthcare professionals
Humor in caring for the patient and the caretaker
- Eakman, Beverly: Author, Columnist and Lecturer: Basic Position Statement http://www.beverlyeakman.com/index.php/blog/45-position-statement-and-frequently-asked-questions
We welcome “education’s whistle-blower” Beverly Eakman, veteran educator, International Human Rights award winner, and author of books such as Cloning of the American Mind and Walking Targets, who discusses the ideological manipulation of the US education system by collectivists and globalists. After describing how students are regularly subject to profiling through “assessments” and coerced into changing their worldviews through subversive, dialectical classroom techniques based on peer pressure, Beverly Eakman shares with us how we can all PUSH BACK! through logic, awareness and strength of character to resist the seemingly-inexorable slide towards a New World Order.
Healthcare needs to develop these same strategies to PUSH BACK!
Beverly Eakman: Educating for a New World Order …and how to PUSH BACK!
What is education? What is it for? And−a question that increasing numbers of people are asking in these days of rising student debt and increasing unemployment−who is it for? Is it primarily for the student, whether in school or college, or has it become in large measure a socially acceptable form of structural unemployment to help keep the wheels of the State turning?
Subscribe MedicalTuesday . . .
Leave a Reply